“In the next 40 years, farmers will have to grow as much food as they have in the last 10,000 years - combined.”
SVG Partners present
- with Forbes
Working with participation from the world's leading fresh agriculture companies and Silicon Valley tech companies to make farming ‘smart.’ This program is designed to help today’s top innovators turn their dreams of revolutionizing agriculture into reality.
Salinas Valley – The Fresh Agriculture Capital of the World
"We have experienced substantial changes in growing conditions over the last years. It is clear that time-tested agricultural practices are no longer sufficient for an expanding population and we must be smarter and more efficient using increasingly scarce resources such as water. The intersection of agricultural and technical science is rapidly improving yields and efficiencies, and we believe the initiatives to link agricultural innovators with technology innovators will yield substantial benefits for both the population and the planet.”
Brian W Kocher
Chief Operating Officer
Do you want to change the world?
The most monumental demographic shift in history is taking place right now. By the year 2050, the population will increase to 9 billion people while the world’s middle class will increase from 1.5 billion to 4.5 billion. To meet future food demands, global production will have to increase by 70% and applying technology will be the key.
Through Thrive Accelerator, select companies will gain access to the best expertise and resources of top agriculture and tech companies to help deploy their innovative new technologies.
Do You Dream Big?
brings together an amazing community of entrepreneurs, mentors, investors, and technologists, all with a common trait: the ability to dream big, and a vision for making an impact on the world of agriculture through technology.
|Up to $5 Million FUNDING*|
Your Solution Deployed
IN A TOP AG COMPANY*
How it Works
Thrive Accelerator is a highly selective mentorship, and investment program for technology-enabled startups in the Precision Agriculture space. Ten startup companies are being selected to gather and connect in the Salinas area for mentorship, collaboration, and direct access to the top fresh agriculture companies in the world.
Each participating company will receive:
- Support from and access to the Steinbeck Innovation Center's vast global network of mentors from Silicon Valley and the Salinas Valley — an amazing collection of entrepreneurs, investors, and innovators interested in helping participating companies succeed
- Dedicated Steinbeck Innovation Center working space
- Mentor support from key executives and leaders, other agriculture industry leaders, venture capitalists, and the broader entrepreneurial community
- Access to the top R&D staff from the largest fresh ag companies in the world
- An Investor Demo Day on December 15th, where each company will present their team and product to agriculture leaders and investors.
2014 - 2015 Timeline
|July 9th||September 30||November 15||January 15|
|APPLICATIONS OPEN||APPLICATIONS CLOSED||PROGRAM|